Washington, D.C. -- January 10, 2016
Today at the 95th Annual Meeting of the National Academy of Sciences' Transportation Research Board (TRB), Urban Engines and Citilabs announced a strategic partnership connecting Citilabs’ Cube Transportation Modeling system to Urban Engines’ mapping, visualization, reporting and analytics platform. Beginning this month, the two companies will deliver an integrated solution to provide unprecedented visibility into public transit system performance and planning. The alliance combines Urban Engines’ deep knowledge in data analytics and visualization with Citilabs’ expertise in delivering solutions to transportation operations and planning agencies worldwide.
For the first time, transit management, operators and planners will connect across one platform. The integration of the two technologies provides a complete system for monitoring and predicting transit system performance enabling better planning and operations decisions.
The combined system brings the following solutions to customers:
- Digital Replica: By combining Urban Engines’ capabilities to reconstruct and analyze dozens of existing signals from city transit systems (like fare card data and GPS traces) with Citilabs’ data expansion capabilities, a complete digital replica is produced that shows every vehicle and every trip ─ even from partial data.
- Scenario Planning: By integrating Citilabs’ demand modeling components with Urban Engines’ Intelligence module, users have the ability to:
- Test and respond to incidents on a daily basis.
- Visualize short-range for optimizing operations over weeks and months.
- Effectively plan for long-range improvements to public transit infrastructure and operations.
- Performance Metrics: Improved forecasting capabilities and a full understanding of system performance are the result of the integration of Urban Engines’ metrics with Citilabs’ modeling components. In addition, Urban Engines’ emulation system tracks and visualizes the movement of vehicles by directly incorporating existing signals from city transit systems.
Citilabs is committed to bringing innovative technology to planners and engineers to help solve important problems in urban mobility.
Michael Clarke - President & CEO of Citilabs.
“Citilabs is committed to bringing innovative technology to planners and engineers to help solve important problems in urban mobility,” said Michael Clarke, president and chief executive officer of Citilabs. “By partnering with Urban Engines, we bring together our strengths in understanding and modeling mobility with Urban Engines’ expertise in leading-edge data analytics and visualization to provide customers with technology to improve system efficiencies and the experience of the commuter.”
“This alliance combines the strengths of both Urban Engines and Citilabs to deliver innovative technologies to improve public transport systems,” said Shiva Shivakumar, chief executive officer of Urban Engines. “By bringing these two systems together, we’re making it easier for transportation operators and planners to improve urban mobility and the overall quality of life in our cities.”
About Urban Engines
Urban Engines improves urban mobility — making it easier to get where you’re going — by using information from the billions of trips that people and vehicles make each day. Our mapping, visualization, reporting, and analytics platform provides actionable insights from the increasing amount of movement data generated from the Internet of Moving Things — so you can navigate the world as effectively as the digital one. urbanengines.com
Citilabs engineers software, analyzes data and provides professional services to understand, model, and predict the movement of people and goods. Our products and services provide the backbone of operational and predictive transportation systems in more than 2,500 locations in the world. These systems are used by governments to operate and plan their multimodal transportation systems, by private enterprise to locate and optimize their businesses, and by universities to design and test innovative transportation solutions. Our mission is to solve the complex mobility challenges the world faces through the development of advanced software, data analytics and the provisions of professional services. citilabs.com