You are here
Cube Avenue is a dynamic traffic assignment extension for Cube Voyager. It models traffic at greater levels of detail than macroscopic models, like Cube Voyager’s Highway program, and at lesser levels of detail than microscopic models, like Cube Dynasim.
With Cube Avenue, analysts can study problems for which traditional models don’t provide enough information and for which microscopic models require too much data. By explicitly modeling time, Cube Avenue offers the ideal environment for many studies, such as comparing policies for alleviating peak period congestion or examining the effectiveness of emergency evacuation plans. Transportation professionals can use Cube Avenue to meld planning with real-time operations, examining likely impacts of operational responses before implementation.
With Cube Avenue, you can:
- Quantify impacts of upstream traffic congestion
- Measure queuing at intersections and merge points in a network
- Isolate secondary impacts from one intersection through another
- Evaluate the benefits of ITS (intelligent transportation system) projects
- Simulate alternative infrastructure, operational, and policy changes to optimize emergency evacuation plans and strategies
- Test strategies to improve arrival and departure from stadiums and other special-event facilities