Host: Citilabs Inc. USA
Local co-host: Department of Architecture and Civil Engineering, City University of Hong Kong
Date: 2:00 – 5:00PM 12 June, 9:30PM to 5:30PM 13 June [1 ½ Days]
Location: Lecture Theater 12 (LT-12), Floor 4, Yeung Kin Man Academic Building, City University of Hong Kong, Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China (http://www6.cityu.edu.hk/wayfinder/en/Venue/LT-12/)
Registration Fee: FREE
- Citilabs, Luke Cheng, email@example.com
- City University of Hong Kong - Dr. Jason Ni, firstname.lastname@example.org
With the support of Dr. Jason Ni of City University of Hong Kong, Citilabs is pleased to offer this rare opportunity to learn about how to apply travel demand modeling techniques in dealing with some key issue facing transportation planners in today’s environment.
This one-and-a-half-day course is designed for those with limited exposure to travel demand modeling. It will first cover the basic concept of travel demand modeling and how to use Cube to build a typical 4-step model. The focus then will be on how to apply Cube Voyager in modeling toll highways, toll bridges and managed-lanes as well as congested corridor/area management using Cube Avenue and Cube Analyst Drive. The purpose of the course is to give a practical, hands-on overview of using Cube to solve some real-life problems facing transportation engineers and planners.
Pre-Requisite: Some basic understanding of travel demand modeling is preferred. Attendees are required to bring their own laptop PC (not Mac).
TOPICS WILL INCLUDE
- Introduction to travel demand modeling
- Introduction to the Cube software suite
- How to build a travel demand model with Cube
- Examples of model applications
- Calibrating a model to base condition
- Key factors in modeling toll highways and bridges
- Key factors in modeling managed-lanes
- Toll sensitivity curves
- Key factors in modeling congested corridor/area
- Dynamic traffic assignment with Cube Avenue and Cube Analyst Drive
- Case studies
I look forward to seeing many of you in Hong Kong in June. If you have any question, please feel free to contact me at email@example.com.
Regional Director – Asia