Date: 9:00-17:00 Thursday and Friday, 4-5 July 2019
Location: Building No. 8, Jioulonghu Campus, Southeast University, Jiangning District, Nanjing, Jiansu Province, P. R. China 211189
Local Co-host: Dr. Zhiyuan Liu (刘志远)
School of Transportation
FEE: Regular - USD$250 per person, early bird rate - USD$200 before June 20, 2019; lunch will be provided
Inquiry: Citilabs – Luke Cheng, firstname.lastname@example.org
Instructor: Vipul Modi - Based out of Singapore, Vipul is a key member of Citilabs support team for last 6 years and has developed travel demand and micro-simulation models for clients in the United States, Europe and Asia. He was an integral member of the Transportation Institute at University of Florida for 5 years with focus on traffic operations and research studies. Vipul obtained a master’s degree from University of Florida, Gainesville and a bachelor’s from Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IIT Bombay), Mumbai.
Thanks to the support of Dr. Zhiyuan Liu of School of Transportation of Southeast University in Nanjing, China, Citilabs is pleased to offer this rare opportunity to learn advanced skills in Cube Voyager for Highway and Public Transport modeling as well as MATRIX manipulation. This course will be taught in English.
This two-day course is designed for new users of Cube. Starting from basic concepts in travel demand forecasting and traffic modeling, the class will explain how to use Cube Base and Cube Voyager to answer common questions in transportation planning and engineering. The course will teach the user how to prepare model inputs (highway, public transit networks, zonal shape files, etc.), setup a travel demand model and review model outputs.
Pre-Requisite: Attendees should have good working knowledge of Cube Base and Voyager
Attendees will learn:
Advanced Highway Modeling Using Cube Voyager (Day 1)
- Introduction to Highway Modeling in Cube Voyager
- Advanced topics in HIGHWAY modelling
- Analysing HIGHWAY outputs
- Introduction and scripting toll modeling with Cube Voyager
Advanced Cube Voyager Matrix (Day 1)
- Advanced Matrix processing exercises
- Advanced record/database processing exercises
- Gravity Model Calibration
- Destination Choice Modeling
Advanced Public Transport Modeling Using Cube Voyage (Day 2)
- Introduction to Public Transport Modeling in Cube Voyager
- Details on Factor File and PT Generalized Cost
- PT Path Building Process Calculations
- Outputs from PT Process
- Skimming and Select Link Analysis in PT
Hotel Options Near the University:
- Jioulonghu Hotel, 77 Suyuan Road, Jiangning District, Nanjing, Jiangsu Province, P. R. China (九龙湖宾馆，江苏省南京市江宁区苏源大道77号) TEL 025-52090777; 025-81069555
- Green Tree Inn Nanjing Jiangning Southeast University Express Hotel (格林豪泰快捷酒店东南大学店), 429 Pugang Street, Jiangning District, Nanjing, Jiangsu, P. R. China (江苏省南京市江宁区铺岗街429号(东南大学东门东400米) TEL 025-87132710
I look forward to seeing many of you in Nanjing in July. If you have any question, please feel free to contact me at email@example.com.
Regional Director – Asia